I almost never use salad dressing on salads. I feel they cover the flavor of the contents of the salad. Last summer, we took our grandson and granddaughter to Wood-N-Tap in Farmington CT. I had the most marvelous Apricot dressing there. I couldn’t find an appropriate recipe on-line or its availability at the grocery store – so I made my own. Feel free to experiment – it is very forgiving. But it is excellent!!! Oops! If I do say so myself.
- 10 dried apricots
- White Wine Vinegar
- White sugar
- Lemon juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pepper (or Adobo sauce – my favorite)
- Take about 10 dried apricots and put them in a small dish or bowl and cover with white wine vinegar. Place in the refrigerator over night. This will soften the apricots so they are easily liquefied.
- In a blender, place ¼ cup of white sugar and ¼ cup of water and one T lemon juice
- Add the apricots
- Liquefy that puppy – Use the pulse mode until it looks like apricot preserve. There should be no apricot chunks.
- Add to the blender
- ½ t Dijon mustard
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t pepper or ¼ t adobo sauce
- Continue to blend until you have a nice smooth dressing
Keeps about 3 weeks in the refrigerator. Makes about 12 ounces.